View From the Donkey
Matthew 21:6-7, “The disciples went and did as Jesus had instructed them. They brought the donkey and the colt, placed their cloaks on them, and Jesus sat on them.”
All four Books of the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John) give the account of the Triumphant Entry of Jesus into Jerusalem riding on a donkey. Let’s take a second to see the story from the donkey’s viewpoint.
1. He was Tied. – There many people who are hooked, victims of habit, bound by lifestyle.
2. He was Untamed. – “Never ridden”; stubborn, rebellious in nature.
3. He was Outside. – There are many that are “without Christ, God, Hope.”
4. He was at a Crossroads. – “Two ways met”; Place of decision.
5. He was by the Door. – Jesus is the door.
6. He was Untied. – Jesus sets us free.
7. He was brought to Jesus. – “And they brought the colt to Jesus.
8. He did not resist. – Jesus “sat upon him”
9. He was used for God’s glory. – People shouted “Hosannah in the Highest” as he carried Christ through the crowd.
10. He was submitted to the will of the Savior. – Jesus directed where he went.
To live as a donkey, you must recognize that God is requesting your presence, so that you might be used of Him. Jesus wants to make a triumphal entry into your home…will you take Him there? Your workplace, this church, that restaurant, into your phone conversations, with your loved ones!
Homework: Answer the question: “Are you carrying Christ with you everywhere you go?” If not, how can you.